About Home insurance

Home insurance financially protects homeowners against events that may cause damage to your home or its contents. It is also a requirement by most mortgage lenders and it also provides protection in the event where you or a family member is legally held liable for damage to a third person’s property.

Various different policies can cover your home and these range from basic policy to other comprehensive policies which provide greater and broader coverage.


What’s covered and what isn’t

Regular home policies provide cover against events such as fires, windstorms, hailstorms, lightning, theft or vandalism. A more comprehensive home policy covers extra events such as earthquakes. It is important to know that you realise what your current home policy occurs by contacting your local representative and what options you have to cover for events that may not be covered in your current policy.


Most Standard homeowner’s policies provide

  • Coverage to repair or rebuild your home under Dwelling Coverage.
  • Coverage for damages to detached structures such as garages, sheds, and fences on your property under Other Structures Coverage.
  • If personal items such as furniture, clothing, sporting goods and electronics are measured under one of the covered events of loss then reimbursements are made under Personal Property Coverage.
  • If you have to live elsewhere in an event where your property is being restored then your temporary living expenses are covered under Loss of Use Coverage.
  • If you or your family members come under the scrutiny of a lawsuit due to damages or injuries caused to someone else’s property then your assets and defense costs are covered under Liability Insurance.
  • There are also additional coverage items that can be provided based on suitability and your insurance needs

Contact us today and we will help you develop a sound home insurance policy that fits your needs and budget.

About Flood Insurance

Not many people realise that flooding can occur naturally and it can cause a substantial amount of damage and this is not covered in the regular property insurance. The solution to cover a business against the threats imposed by flooding is getting Flood Insurance. A flood insurance policy will cover your personal and business from damages caused by flooding.

Misunderstandings Regarding Flood Insurance:

  • People expect that the Federal Disaster Assistance (FDA) will protect their properties against floods. This is mostly not the case as FDA is only available when the federal government declares a disaster and the assistance provided by them is an interest bearing loan in addition to any other loans/mortgages on the property. Therefore it is necessary to have protection against floods as it could save a business a lot of money.
  • Living on a hill or a low flood zone. Living on a hill doesn’t necessarily protect one against flooding as natural disasters, failed devices such as dams and clogged drains can also lead to flooding. Also, living in a low risk flood zone doesn’t negate the likelihood of your property being damaged due to a flood.

In this regard, it is best to get Flood insurance as it will protect your property against any damages caused by flooding and potentially save you against major costs.